Your privacy is very important to us. The principles that we follow in relation to privacy are:
- We don’t ask for personal information unless we need it
- We don’t share your personal information with anyone other than to comply with the law, monitor and manage this site, improve the experience of visitors to this site or to protect our rights
- We don’t store personal information on our servers unless required for the ongoing operation of this site or for the purposes listed above
- “Applicable Laws” means the Privacy Act 1998 (Cth) as applies in Australia, the Privacy Act 1993 (NZ) as applies in New Zealand, and their respective subsidiary legislations and regulations, as amended from time to time;
- “Apps” means our mobile app on iOS and Android and any other app we may own or operate from time to time;
- “Personal Data” means any data, whether true or not, which is (a) about an individual who can be reasonably identified (i) from that data; or (ii) from that data and other information to which we have or are likely to have access and would include data in our records as may be updated from time to time, or (b) defined as “personal data” or “personal information” under any Applicable Laws;
- “Platforms” means collectively High Demand Skills’s Apps, Social Media and Website, and any other websites or applications which we may own or operate from time to time;
- “Social Media” means High Demand Skills’s pages and accounts on third-party social media platforms such as Instagram, Facebook, Twitter, Pinterest and Google+
- “High Demand Skills, we, us, or our” means Selexion Pty Ltd (ABN 25 638 513 185), incorporated in Australia, and includes any subsidiary entities in existence from time to time; and
- “Website” means the High Demand Skills website and associated services accessed at the following address https://www.highdemandskills.comor other internet locations.
Who we are
High Demand Skills is an information Website about skills for career and life enhancement. It includes articles, blog posts and references to other sites and information sources.
The owner and founder of the site is Giri Rabindranath. He can be contacted at: email@example.com
Please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org if you have any questions about privacy in relation to using this site.
Our website address is: https://highdemandskills.com
What personal data we collect and why we collect it
During our relationship with you, we may collect Personal Data from you. Examples of the types of Personal Data we may collect includes your name, contact details, email address, birthday, your browsing behaviours and any other personally identifiable information that you have provided us in any form you may have submitted to us, or in the course of any other forms of interaction between you and us.
Personal Data may also include network and device data such as IP address and device or advertising identifiers and information we obtain using cookies or other tracking technologies. We may also collect information about you from third-party sources and platforms (including data validation services, authentication service providers, social networking sites, online marketing and segmentation providers and ad targeting companies) to supplement the information we collect directly from you.
If you provide us with Personal Data relating to a third-party by submitting such Personal Data to us, you represent to us that you have obtained the consent of the third-party to provide us with their Personal Data for the respective purposes.
How do we collect your personal data?
We collect Personal Data from you when:
- You use any of our related services, such as subscribing to our newsletter, should one be made available;
- You interact with our Website and Apps;
- You accept our cookies and other tracking technologies on your device;
- You interact with any of our representatives, for example, via our webform, chat, emails, telephone calls or letters;
- You interact with us on our Social Media, such as liking our posts, commenting on our posts, private messaging us on our Social Media;
- You participate in our initiatives or any request for additional Personal Data such as surveys;
- We consult publicly available sources of information, or receive references or referrals from marketing and business partners, Related Companies, and third parties, for example, where they referred you to us;
- Your authorised representative submits your Personal Data to us for any purpose reasonably authorised by you;
- Our third-party analytics and other service providers, business or commercial partners provide your Personal Data to us, which was collected and processed by them and disclosed to us pursuant to their separate privacy policies; or
- You voluntarily submit your Personal Data to us for any reason.
How will your data be used?
We may use and disclose your Personal Data for purposes necessary to provide you with our services, including to:
- provide, maintain, protect and improve our technology and services, and monitor their effectiveness;
- to carry out administration, marketing, planning, fraud detection and loss prevention activities, procurement, service development, quality control and research to improve the way we provide services to you;
- comply with (i) internal risk controls, or (ii) any applicable law, regulation or regulator’s directive; and
- ensure our Website and Apps function properly and to improve their performance, by carrying out activities such as debugging, statistical analyses for optimising our Website and Apps.
(collectively, the “Purposes”)
In addition, we may use and disclose your Personal Data for the following purposes, to:
- send you marketing communications in relation to our services or the Platforms;
- deliver ads that are related to our services that are targeted and personalised to your interests, attributes, preferences and experiences on the Platforms or other websites, apps or online platforms;
- enable businesses to deliver ads which are related to their products and services which may be of interest to you;
- provide you with any add-on or premium services;
- conduct market research, analysis or tracking;
- promote our services on our Platforms;
- manage the administrative and business operations of High Demand Skills and complying with internal policies and procedures;
- improve your experience across all touch-points;
- any specific purpose in relation to a particular service, which we may separately notify you on the relevant page; and
- as part of or in anticipation of a business sale, merger, consolidation, investment, change in control, transfer of substantial corporate assets, reorganisation, liquidation, or similar business transaction or corporate event.
(collectively, the “Additional Purposes”)
We may also use or disclose your Personal Data for secondary purposes in accordance with Applicable Laws, or with your further consent.
Finally, we may we also collect information about you in an aggregated and anonymous basis – in order to conduct internal analysis of traffic patterns within our Website. This information is used by us to administer and improve our services.
Who will your personal data be shared with?
In relation to our use of your Personal Data for the Purposes or Additional Purposes, we may disclose your Personal Data to:
- our employees, consultants, temporary workers or other representatives;
- our professional advisers, bankers and auditors;
- agents, contractors or service providers who provide operational services to us or who help provide our services to you, such as online cloud storage and processing, fraud detection and monitoring, marketing optimisation, information technology, telecommunications, market research, user analysis or tracking, security or other relevant services which requires that entity’s collection, use or disclosure of your Personal Data; and
- any other party whom you authorise us to disclose your Personal Data to.
We do our best to minimise the disclosure of your Personal Data to the information necessary to perform the related Purpose or Additional Purpose. However, we may also disclose your Personal Data for secondary purposes if the secondary purpose is related to the Purpose or Additional Purpose and you would reasonably expect us to use or disclose the information for the secondary purpose, otherwise in accordance with Applicable Laws, or with your further consent.
You acknowledge and agree that, should we sell, merge or otherwise change control of our business, our company or the Website to a third-party:
- we shall be permitted to disclose the Personal Data and other information that we have collected from you to the third-party, without giving notice or seeking prior consent from you; and
- we shall be entitled to assign the benefit of any agreements we have with you to the third-party.
When visitors leave comments on the Website we collect the data shown in the comments form, and also the visitor’s IP address and browser user agent string to help spam detection.
If you upload images to the Website, you should avoid uploading images with embedded location data (EXIF GPS) included. Visitors to the Website can download and extract any location data from images on the website.
Cookies and tracking technologies
High Demand Skills uses the services of third-party vendors, who may implement one or more persistent Tracking Technologies (such as cookies, eTags, pixels, web beacons/ GIFs, local storage, or other identifiers on your device and browser settings) in order to recognise you and your device each time you visit our Website or Apps. We use these technologies for a number of purposes to enhance your online experience, such as for preference setting, offer selection, analytics, conversion attribution and fraud reduction. We use both session and persistent tracking technologies.
Advertisements or other services on the Website or Apps may be provided by third-party agencies. These advertisements may also include Tracking Technologies. The collection, use, and disclosure of information, including Personal Data, collected by such third-party Tracking Technologies are subject to the privacy and data protection policies of the third-party vendors and are not under our control. For more information on third-party advertising-related cookies and how to opt-out of them, please visit Your Online Choices.
You may reject first-party and third-party Tracking Technologies through the settings on your browser. Note that this may result in the loss of Website or App functionality, restrict your use of the Website or App, or delay or affect the way in which the Website or App operates.
We may use third-party service providers to monitor and analyse the use of our Website and Apps.
If you leave a comment on our site you may opt-in to saving your name, email address and website in cookies. These are for your convenience so that you do not have to fill in your details again when you leave another comment. These cookies will last for a limited period (typically 1 month).
If you have an account and you log in to this site, we will set a temporary cookie to determine if your browser accepts cookies. This cookie contains no personal data and is discarded when you close your browser.
When you log in, we will also set up several cookies to save your login information and your screen display choices. Login cookies last for two days, and screen options cookies last for a year. If you select “Remember Me”, your login will persist for two weeks. If you log out of your account, the login cookies will be removed.
If you edit or publish an article, an additional cookie will be saved in your browser. This cookie includes no personal data and simply indicates the post ID of the article you just edited. It expires after relatively short period (typically 1 day).
Embedded content from other websites
Articles on this site may include embedded content (e.g. videos, images, articles, etc.). Embedded content from other websites behaves in the exact same way as if the visitor has visited the other website.
High Demand Skills uses certain Google Analytics functions and may use Google Analytics features based on Display Advertising, which may include but is not restricted to the following: Google Optimize, Remarketing, Google Display Network Impression Reporting, DoubleClick Campaign Manager Integration, and Google Analytics Demographics and Interest Reporting. Using the Google Ads Settings, you can opt-out of Google Analytics for Display Advertising and Google Optimize and customise Google Display Network ads.
High Demand Skills may also use Remarketing with Google Analytics to advertise online; third-party vendors, including Google, may show High Demand Skills ads on sites across the internet. High Demand Skills and third-party vendors, including Google, use first-party Tracking Technologies (such as the Google Analytics cookie) and third-party Tracking Technologies (such as the DoubleClick cookie) together to inform, optimise, and serve ads based on visitors’ past visits to High Demand Skills, as well as report how ad impressions, other uses of ad services, and interactions with these ad impressions and ad services are related to visits to High Demand Skills.
When you log on to the Website, High Demand Skills with the help of Google Analytics may use your browsing behaviour to connect it with any other data that has previously been provided by you, in accordance with this policy.
High Demand Skills may use Facebook Insights. This is a tool which tracks user interaction on High Demand Skill’s Facebook page, should one exist, allowing page admins to track usage and improve page performance.
Facebook Analytics is a behavioural analytics solution that helps to track, measure, better understand, and optimise products and customer experience and provides audience information and unifies analytics across devices and channels.
In compliance with CCPA requirements, please refer to the following link: http://g.ezoic.net/privacy/highdemandskills.com/annualRequestSummary
Management of your data and how long we retain it
You should ensure that all Personal Data you submit to us is complete, accurate, up-to-date and correct. Failure to do so may result in our inability to provide you with the services you have requested. You should keep us updated of any relevant changes to your Personal Data. We will not be responsible for relying on inaccurate or incomplete Personal Data if you have not updated us of such changes.
We will make reasonable efforts to ensure Personal Data likely to be used by us or disclosed by us to another organisation is accurate, up-to-date and correct.
We will also put in place reasonable security arrangements to ensure that your Personal Data is adequately protected and secured and to prevent any unauthorised access, collection, use, disclosure, copying, modification, leakage, loss, damage or alteration of your Personal Data.
However, we will not be responsible for any unauthorised use of Personal Data by third parties which is attributable to factors beyond our control. Further, given that no data transmission over the internet can be guaranteed as completely secure, we cannot guarantee 100% the security of any (personal or other) information you transmit to us; and as such we will not be liable for any breach of security or unintended loss or disclosure of information due to our Platforms being linked to the Internet.
If you leave a comment, the comment and its metadata are retained indefinitely. This is so we can recognize and approve any follow-up comments automatically instead of holding them in a moderation queue.
For users that register on our website (if any), we also store the personal information they provide in their user profile. All users can see, edit, or delete their personal information at any time (except they cannot change their username). Website administrators can also see and edit that information.
What rights you have over your data
If you have an account on the Website, or have left comments, you can request to receive an exported file of the personal data we hold about you, including any data you have provided to us. You can also request that we erase any personal data we hold about you. This does not include any data we are obliged to keep for administrative, legal, or security purposes.
Where we send your data
Visitor comments may be checked through an automated spam detection service.
Updates on policy